From the moment Grand Slam Camp players first travel up the mile-long, tree-lined avenue that leads to the grand façade of the former Tudor palace they will be made to feel welcome and excited.
Chelmsford is officially the UK’s hottest spot, with its own microclimate! Summers in Chelmsford have hit the heights of 35.2 degrees celsius. The city is ideally placed with the coast a short drive away, and historic Colchester and Cambridge. nearby
The outstanding facilities on offer within the stunning 85-acre campus will cater for a camper’s every need.
New Hall is set in an idyllic and convenient location, just 30 minutes by train from London and within easy reach of all major London airports.
Each player will have his/her very own Single Room.
The modern and well equipped boarding houses have been carefully designed to be a ‘home from home’. All based on a stunning campus;
Facilities available to campers include; Common Areas in each house with TV/DVD/Computers, Piano, Sports Hall, Swimming Pool, Athletics Track, Tennis Courts, Fitness Suite, Floodlit Astroturf Pitch, Eaton Theatre, and not forgetting the beautiful gardens and grounds.
We are more than just the tennis. From a zoo visit, to a disco on ice, camp attendees will love the experience we offer.
Zoo Visit (Extra Cost):
20 miles from New Hall is Colchester zoo, one of Europe’s finest zoos with over 260 rare species.
Ice Skating Disco
On the final evening we take all campers to the nearby Riverside Ice Centre for a fun ‘disco on ice.’
Grand Slam Tennis Camps have exclusive use of the school’s indoor theatre, where we will be playing a variety of films on one of the evenings.
Towards the start of the week campers and staff will have a classic English summer BBQ with freshly cooked food eaten outside together.
Various outdoor activities are held on the 85-acre campus of New Hall School.
Click Here to download the itinerary for the week.
whats - included
- Single Bedroom
- 28 Hour Tennis Programme designed and led by Marcus Willis and Jocelyn Rae
- Wifi on site
- Use of Swimming Pool (lifeguards on site)
- Ice Skating
- Common areas with TV, DVD, computers
- 24 hour security on site
- Video Analysis
- Fun Tournament
- Evening Activites (Swimming, Football, Zumba)
- 24/7 Supervision for all children
- Zoo Trip £30.00
- 7.5 hour English Language Program £75.00
- Supervised Transfer from London Southend Airport £40.00
- Supervised Transfer from London Stansted Airport £50.00
- Supervised Transfer from Gatwick Airport £115.00
- Supervised Transfer from Heathrow Airport £115.00
- Supervised Transfer from Chelmsford Rail Station £FREE
Meet Your Coaches
Meet your Head Coaching Team;
Our 28-hour tennis programme has been developed and designed by Marcus Willis and Jocelyn Rae.
Marcus is a former top 300 ATP player, who recently played Roger Federer on Centre Court at Wimbledon in 2016.
Jocelyn Rae won Gold at the 2010 Commonwealth games, has competed at every Grand Slam and represented Great Britain in the Fed Cup.
Before setting up Active Away Steve spent 9 years with David Lloyd Leisure. Steve plays on the ITF Seniors tour (over35’s)- currently ranked No4 in GB – World ranking of 66 for singles.
Matt Joined the Active Away team as a co-director in November 2010. Prior to this he headed up National Training Camps and captained two Great Britain under 12 teams.
A typical day
7:30 – 9:00 Breakfast
09:30 – 12:00 Tennis Coaching
12:00 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 14:00 Language Lesson/Rest
14:30 – 17:00 Tennis Coaching
18:00 – 18:45 Dinner
18:45 – 20:45 Evening Activities
21:30 All Campers in Bedrooms
- Chelmsford Rail Station – 10 Minutes – Supervised Transfer – Free
- London Southend Airport – 30 Minutes – Supervised Transfer – £40
- Loundon Stansted Airport – 40 Minutes – Supervised Transfer – £50
- Loundon Gatwick Airport – 1 hour 30 Minutes – Supervised Transfer – £115
- Loundon Heathrow Airport – 1 hour 30 Minutes – Supervised Transfer – £115
For more information on Supervised Transfers, please Click Here.
English Language Programme
We pride ourselves on the quality of our English Teachers.
Our English language programme is available for International students who want to improve their English – add on our 7.5 hour English programme for £75.00.
For more information about our English Language programme, please Click Here.